1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter, students must draw a self-portrait that includes the things and/or people they love most. They may use the reproducible form included in the All About Me! Poster, which may be found tossed in to Scholastic book boxes or on the Scholastic Reading Club Contests page, scholastic.com/clubcontests. Or they can use a blank piece of paper no larger than 11" x 14". ALL submissions must include all required contact information: student name, grade level, teacher name, school name, address, and phone number. Send all entries to: All About Me! Contest, P.O. Box 714, New York, NY 10013-0714. All entries must be received by October 16, 2014. No other means of entry accepted.
2. Winners will be selected based on the equally weighted criteria of thoroughness, presentation, and creativity. Winners will be notified on or about November 13, 2014. Scholastic Book Clubs, Inc. (“Sponsor”) is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, misdirected, damaged, mutilated, postage-due, incomplete, or illegible entries or mail.
3. Contest is open to students attending U.S. schools in grades PreK and Kindergarten who are legal residents of the United States. Employees, and members of their families living in the same household, of Sponsor and its parent company, subsidiaries, brokers, distributors, dealers, retailers, affiliates, and their respective advertising, promotion, and production agencies (collectively, the “related entities”) are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. One entry per person.
4. There will be one (1) Grand-Prize Winner who will receive two Book-and-Buddy Mega Libraries (20 books and 20 plushes), one for home and one for the winner’s classroom. (Approximate retail value of this prize is $880.)
There will be ten (10) Runners-Up who will receive one Book-and-Buddy Library, including 5 books and 5 plushes. (Approximate retail value of this prize is $110.)
5. Winners, as a condition of entry, agree to release Sponsor, each prize provider in this contest, and their respective related entities from any and all liability for injuries or damages of any kind sustained through participation in this contest and/or use of a prize once accepted.
6. No cash substitutions, transfers, or assignments of prizes allowed, except by Sponsor in case of unavailability, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. All matters relating to this contest shall be subject to Sponsor’s sole discretion, and Sponsor’s decisions shall be final and binding on all entrants and the winner and his or her guest. The winner will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within five (5) days of notification attempt or an alternate winner may be selected. By accepting the prize, the winner grants to Sponsor the right to use winner’s name, likeness, hometown, biographical information, and entry for purposes of advertising and promotion without further notice or compensation, except where prohibited by law. Winner may also be asked to attend and participate in media and/or public relations events (the “Media Events”) designated by Sponsor and prize provider and/or requested by various media outlets. Upon Sponsor’s request, and subject to winner’s availability, the winner agrees to participate in such Media Events without any further compensation. By accepting the prize, winner agrees to release Sponsor, prize provider, and their respective related entities and hold each of them harmless from any claims relating to their participation or non-participation in any Media Events.
7. The names of the prizewinners (available after November 26, 2014) will be listed on the Sponsor website at: scholastic.com/clubcontests. You may also obtain the list of winners by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Winners List, All About Me! Contest, P.O. Box 714, New York, NY 10013-0714, by January 8, 2015.
Sponsor: Scholastic Book Clubs, Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012