1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter, students must go to scholastic.com/kpwebcast to read the first six story panels of a smashup story created by Dav Pilkey and Jeff Kinney and then write their original ending to the story by creating the final three panels of the strip. A downloadable entry form is available at scholastic.com/kpwebcast. Students who choose not to use the entry form MUST include the following information on their entry: student, teacher, and school names; grade; and school address and phone number. Entries must be mailed to: Create a Story Smashup Contest, P.O. Box 714, New York, NY 10013-0714. Entries must be received by February 14, 2014. No other means of entry accepted.
2. Winners will be selected based on the equally weighted criteria of creativity, clarity of thought, and execution. Winners will be notified on or about March 13, 2014. Scholastic Book Clubs, Inc. (“Sponsor”) is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, misdirected, damaged, mutilated, postage-due, incomplete, or illegible entries or mail.
3. Contest is open to students attending U.S. schools in grades 2 through 8 who are legal residents of the United States. Employees, and members of their families living in the same household, of Sponsor and its parent company, subsidiaries, brokers, distributors, dealers, retailers, affiliates, and their respective advertising, promotion, and production agencies (collectively, the “related entities”) are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. One entry per person.
4. There will be one (1) Grand-Prize Winner who will have his or her entry framed alongside Jeff and Dav’s first six panels, autographed by each author. (approximate retail value of this prize is $300.)
There will be ten (10) Runner-Up Winners who will receive a graphic storytelling book collection. (Approximate retail value of this prize is $75.)
5. Winners, as a condition of entry, agree to release Sponsor, each prize provider in this contest, and their respective related entities from any and all liability for injuries or damages of any kind sustained through participation in this contest and/or use of a prize once accepted.
6. No cash substitutions, transfers, or assignments of prizes allowed, except by Sponsor in case of unavailability, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. All matters relating to this contest shall be subject to Sponsor’s sole discretion, and Sponsor’s decisions shall be final and binding on all entrants and the winner. The winner will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within five (5) days of notification attempt or an alternate winner may be selected. By accepting the prize, the winner grants to Sponsor the right to use winner’s name, likeness, hometown, biographical information, and entry for purposes of advertising and promotion without further notice or compensation, except where prohibited by law. Winner may also be asked to attend and participate in media and/or public relations events (the “Media Events”) designated by Sponsor and prize provider and/or requested by various media outlets. Upon Sponsor’s request, and subject to winner’s availability, the winner agrees to participate in such Media Events without any further compensation. By accepting the prize, winner agrees to release Sponsor, prize provider, and their respective related entities and hold each of them harmless from any claims relating to their participation or non-participation in any Media Events.
7. The names of the prizewinners (available after March 13, 2014) will be listed on the Sponsor website at scholastic.com/clubcontests. You may also obtain the list of winners by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Winners List, Create a Story Smashup Contest, P.O. Box 714, New York, NY, 10013-0714, by April 18, 2014.
Sponsor: Scholastic Book Clubs, Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012