1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Entry eligible only for Storia 2013–2014 VIP Teachers. To enter: Create a 30- to 90-second video trailer of a Storia eBook selected by your class and post the video to the Storia VIP Teacher Facebook group. By entering this Contest, you acknowledge that this information is being submitted to Scholastic Storia Inc. (“Sponsor”) and not to Facebook. One entry per person. Videos may not include obscene or offensive material or defame any person or otherwise infringe on any person’s proprietary rights. A Scholastic release form must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org for all persons visible or audible in the video. Release forms are posted to the Storia VIP Teacher Facebook group or available by e-mail request to email@example.com. Contest opens for entry at 9:00 a.m. ET on Wednesday, October 30, 2013, and all entries must be received by 5:00 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 27, 2013. Released Parties (as defined below) assume no responsibility for (a) lost, misdirected, damaged, stolen, illegible, failed, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled, delayed or late entries, e-mails, or mail; (b) telephone, electronic, program, network, Internet, or computer delays, deletions, interruptions, or other failures or errors or difficulties of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise of any kind; or (c) any human error that may occur in the processing of any entry or otherwise in the administration of this Contest, nor are they responsible for any theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, whether caused by the sender or any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest. Proof of online submission of the entry does not constitute proof of delivery. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the person who is assigned the e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia age 18 and older as of October 28, 2013, who have been confirmed as a Storia VIP Teacher for the 2013–2014 school year. Employees of Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and their respective advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies (collectively, the “Related Entities”), and the immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and household members of each, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. By submitting an entry, entrant represents and warrants that the entry is his/her original work, he/she has all rights necessary to submit the entry, that the entry has not been previously published and does not infringe upon the rights of any third party and no further permission, clearance, or payments are necessary for submission or use of the entry as contemplated hereunder. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. Five (5) finalists will be selected by Sponsor from all eligible entries received. Finalists will be judged for selection based on the following equally weighted criteria: video content and creativity. Finalist videos will be posted to the Scholastic Reading Club Facebook Page. One (1) Grand-Prize Winner will be chosen. Winner will be chosen based on number of video “likes” from the public through the Scholastic Reading Club Facebook Page. Voting will be open from 9:00 a.m. ET on Monday, December 2, 2013, until 11:59 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 12, 2013 (the “Voting Period”). The public may vote for as many entries as they wish, but may vote only once for each entry. Potential winner will be notified shortly after the close of the Voting Period. In the event of a tie, Sponsor or its designee will determine the winner based on the criteria listed above. Sponsor reserves the right not to award all prizes if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified entries. Prize awards are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
4. Grand Prize: One (1) Grand-Prize Winner will receive five (5) Kindle Fire HD 7", 8-GB tablets. Prizes will be mailed to the confirmed winner. Approximate retail value is $695. The winner is responsible for payment of all federal, state, or other tax liabilities (including income taxes), if any, on any prize received as well as any costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use of prize not specified herein as being provided. Sponsor and Related Entities shall not be liable for unsuccessful efforts to notify a winner. If the winner does not meet qualification criteria or cannot be reached, Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate winner. After Sponsor’s attempt to award the prize three times, Sponsor may decide that any unclaimed prize will not be awarded. Winner will be notified by e-mail, phone, or postal mail using the contact information provided to Sponsor.
5. All finalist videos may be uploaded to Storia’s YouTube channel during or after the contest. Entrant agrees that Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized use of entries by third parties. Released Parties do not guarantee the posting of any entry. Entrants agree that they will not use the entry for any other purpose, including, without limitation, posting the entry to any online social network without the express consent of Sponsor in each instance. By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees Sponsor shall own the entry submitted (including all rights embodied therein) and that it and its designees may exploit, edit, modify, and distribute the entry and all elements of such entry, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in any manner, together with other materials, worldwide, in perpetuity without compensation, permission, or notification to entrant or any third party. Entrants represent and warrant that they have all rights necessary to submit their entry, their entry does not infringe upon the rights of any third party, and no further permission or clearance of payments are necessary for submission or use of the entry as contemplated hereunder.
6. Prize is non-transferable, not returnable, and cannot be sold or redeemed for cash. No prize substitution except by Sponsor in case of unavailability, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Potential winners will be notified by e-mail, phone, or postal mail using the contact information provided to Sponsor at time of entry. Potential winners may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (unless prohibited) within five (5) days of notification attempt or, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner will be selected.
7. By entering, winner agrees that Sponsor, the Related Entities, Facebook, and their respective officers, directors, agents, and employees (collectively, “Released Parties”) will have no liability or responsibility for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind, including but not limited to death, injuries, damages, or losses to persons and property that may be sustained in connection with this Contest, the receipt, ownership, or use of the prize or while preparing for, participating in, and/or traveling to any prize-related activity, or accepting, possessing, using, or misusing any prize, and they will be held harmless against any claims of liability arising directly or indirectly from the prizes awarded. Released Parties are not responsible if any prize cannot be awarded or enjoyed due to travel cancellations, delays, or interruption due to weather, natural disaster, acts of war or terrorism, or other causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control.
8. If the administration or integrity of the Contest is compromised or corrupted at any time, the Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend, or cancel the Contest and, if terminated, at Sponsor’s discretion, award the prizes from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Released Parties shall not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from entering the Contest. By entering the Contest, entrants affirm that they have read and accepted these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Contest will be ineligible for prizes. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Contest, who act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void.
9. Except where prohibited, acceptance of a prize shall constitute and signify a winner’s consent to the use of his/her name, address (city and state only), likeness, age, voice, and/or photograph for any lawful purpose in any and all media now or hereafter known, including online, in any manner, together with other materials, in perpetuity without further notice, compensation, or permission. Winner may also be asked to attend and participate in media and/or public relations events (the “Media Events”) designated by Sponsor and/or requested by various media outlets. Upon Sponsor’s request, and subject to winner’s availability, winner agrees to participate in such Media Events without any further compensation. By accepting the prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from any claims relating to their selection, non-selection, participation, or non-participation in any Media Events.
10. WINNER LIST. For the name of the Contest winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope after December 13, 2013, and before January 14, 2013, to: STORIA VIP TEACHER EBOOK TRAILER VIDEO CONTEST Winner, 557 Broadway, New York, New York 10012.
11. Sponsor: Scholastic Storia Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012
12. This Contest is not authorized or sponsored by, or affiliated with Facebook, which is not involved in this contest in any way.