1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter, teacher must place an order that includes at least one (1) World of Harry Potter Library, or send a postcard with teacher’s name, grade level, school name, address, and phone number to: World of Harry Potter Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 714, New York, NY, 10013-0714. All purchases must be made and postcards received by December 31, 2013. Winner will be notified on January 9, 2014. Scholastic Inc. (“Sponsor”) is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, misdirected, damaged, mutilated, postage-due, incomplete, or illegible entries or mail.
2. Winner will be selected by a random drawing. Odds of winning are determined by the number of eligible entries received. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, misdirected, damaged, mutilated, postage-due, incomplete, or illegible entries or mail.
3. Sweepstakes is open to teachers in grades 2 through 6 who are legal U.S. residents and currently teaching in U.S. schools. Employees, and members of their families living in the same household, of Sponsor, and its parent, subsidiaries, brokers, distributors, dealers, retailers, affiliates, and their respective advertising, promotion, and production agencies, (collectively, the “related entities”) are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
4. There will be one (1) Winner who will receive two (2) “World of Harry Potter” Libraries. (Approximate retail value of this prize is $130.) All expenses not specified above, including, without limitation, all federal, state, and local taxes and international tariffs, are the winner’s sole responsibility.
5. All entrants, as a condition of entry, agree to release Sponsor, each prize provider in this sweepstakes, and their respective related entities from any and all liability for injuries or damages of any kind sustained through participation in this sweepstakes and/or use of a prize once accepted.
6. No cash substitutions, transfers, or assignments of prizes allowed, except by Sponsor in case of unavailability, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. All matters relating to this sweepstakes shall be subject to Sponsor’s sole discretion, and Sponsor’s decisions shall be final and binding on all entrants and the winner. The winner will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within ten (10) days of notification attempt or an alternate winner may be selected. By accepting the prize, the winner grants to Sponsor the right to use his or her name, likeness, hometown, biographical information, and entry for purposes of advertising and promotion without further notice or compensation, except where prohibited by law. Winner may also be asked to attend and participate in media and/or public relations events (the “Media Events”) designated by Sponsor, prize provider, and/or requested by various media outlets. Upon Sponsor’s request, and subject to winner’s availability, the winner agrees to participate in such Media Events without any further compensation. By accepting the prize, winner agrees to release Sponsor, prize provider, and their respective related entities and hold each of them harmless from any claims relating to their participation or non-participation in any Media Events.
7. The name of the prizewinner (available after January 9, 2014) will be listed on the Sponsor website at scholastic.com/clubcontests. You may also obtain the name of the winner by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Winners List, World of Harry Potter Sweeps, P.O. Box 714, New York, NY 10013-0714, by February 21, 2014.
Sponsor: Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012